- Electronic morse-key with squeeze facility
- Speed adjustable from the front-knob between approx. 40 ...400 lpm
- Additional high-speed mode for Meteorscatter between approx. 300 ... 4800 lpm
- Weight adjustable from the front-knob between 1:3 ... 1:5
- Tune facility with optimized tuning especially for tube linears. Keying ratio can be selected
(25, 50, 75, 100 percent).
- Switchable pilot tone with low current consumption piezo buzzer (approx. 800 Hz)
- Included non-serviceable paddles with very high precision using special contact materials
- Paddle-distance and pressure-force can be adjusted after opening the enclosure
- Due to the various functions an external DC power supply (13,8Volt) is necessary.
- Current consumption is approx. 120 mA (without light fordisplay only 10 mA).
Of course a protection against cross-polarity is included.
An additonal Accumulator-pack in a similar housing is availabe (DFM-3-accu).
|The "DFM-3" menu-system
The "DFM-3" uses the so called "Soft-Key" menu, which is patent pending at Munich patent office. This system will be described in detail now: The 16 keys on top of the housing can be divided into two groups of 8 keys each. The lower 8 keys are the "menu-keys" that are used to call the 8 different menus displayed in the illuminated LC-display. The second group are the so called "soft-keys", divided into 4 keys above the display and another 4 keys below the display.
To control the functions of the "DFM-3", first call the menu using the "menu-keys" and afterwards select the specific
function with one of the "soft-keys". The handling is very easy to survey and easy to learn due to this system.
1. Main menu
Softkey 1 -> SP = Speed adjustment using the front panel knob
Softkey 2 -> WG = Weight adjustment using the front panel knob
Softkey 3 -> off = switch off the DFM-3 - Restart by touching a paddle.
Softkey 4 -> Info = displays the info message
2. Write menu ->
Softkeys : W1 - W8 . Write to one of the 8 memories. The end of the memory can be after 12 dots automatically or after pressing the selected softkey again. This offers the possibility to program variable pauses (see also second Setup-Menu, 5.2 -softkey 7)
3. Read menu ->
Softkey: R1 - R8 . Read one of the 8 memories (can be stopped by touching a paddle).
4. Repeat menu ->
Softkey Rp1 - Rp8 . Continuously read one of the 8 memories (can be stopped by touching a paddle)
5. Setup Menu
There are three setup menus available that can be toggled using
Softkey 4 (=next).
5.1. -> 1st Setup Menu:
- Calls preadjustments "User1" (=US1) /"User2" (=US2)
- Connection of paddles for right/left handed OP (=RH/LH)
- Activate the output of the keyer (Out1=active,Out0=inactive)
- Internal piezo buzzer (speaker) on (=SP1) or off (=SP0)
- Dot memory on/off (=P0/P1), Dash memory on/off (=S0/S1)
5.2. -> 2nd Setup Menu:
- Saves "User1"/"User2" parameters tomemory (=U1/U2)
- Illumination of LCD display on/off
- Switches between HF- and VHF-Contest-Mode. In HF-Mode "9"="N" and "0"="T", in VHF-Mode "normal" operation
- End of the memory for programming:
- "12P0" = end after 12 dot lenghts automatically
- "12P1" = end has to be set manually for individual pauses
- Confirmation-beep on (QT1) or off (QT0).
5.3. -> 3rd Setup Menu (Pre-adjustments for Contest Menu)
- Edit report to be given in Contest mode (511-599 or 5nn).
- Edit the QSO number to start with (0000-9999).
- Read one of the memories 1-3 (R1 - R3) or repeat (Rp1 - Rp3)
- outputs the actual QSO-number and increases the number automatically
- outputs the present report and the actual QSO-number and increases the number
- Decrease / increase the actual QSO-number by "1" (for corrections)
7. Meteorscatter (MS) Menu
- Read one of the memories 5-8 (R5 - R8) or repeat (Rp5 - Rp8)
- Switch to MS mode (High Speed) and back to LO mode (Low Speed)
- Activates the tuning signal (Length of tuning can beset: 0-255 sec.)
- Keying ratio can be chosen with softkeys 5-8 (25, 50, 75 or 100 percent)
- external keyer connection via 3.5mm stereo plug
- keying signal at rear cinch socket is isolated by optocouplers
- Instruction manual and power supply cables are included.
- Dimensions (without paddles) : 170 x 115 x 30 mm3
|Dimensions: 170 x 115 x 30 mm^3
EUR 209.- DFM-3 only electronic-keyer
EUR 259.- DFM-3 with DFE-squeeze-paddles
EUR 369.- DFM-3 with (formally) SCHURR-squeeze-paddles